finally, a day out
Monday, March 30, 2009

Today was the date that was stated in the letter from ITE that I got. It said that I had to go to the admin office on 30/3/09, from 1PM to 5PM onwards. I had a weird feeling it wasn't going to be just paying the fees, and only that. My mum also had the same feeling. Actually, we were right the entire time.

lolzZzzZzzzZz

It's quite a long journey to school, actually. It isn't anything new to me. I was living in jurong, and had to face the endless stream of crowds everyday at boon lay interchange (boon lay interchange is the shitz. It pwns ur family). I always end up standing for 1 hour on both of the buses I take and transfer to because they're always full. So, travelling to school? isn't going to be something new I face. I'm really just used to taking long durations to reach a destination. It is, afterall, a destination.

I'm no longer living in jurong now (pity), but they now have a new bus service going to my flat back there in jurong, and the new extended MRT station, Pioneer, is really walking distance from the apartment.

Anyway, I calculated (sorta) that it takes an hour and forty-five minutes to reach school from my current place. People think that i'm crazy that I find such a long travel duration perfectly alright. Maybe I am.

At Boon Lay MRT station, I saw a malay girl and guy together. The girl had her hands over the guy's shoulder. For some reason, I thought she was someone I knew. Problem was, I couldn't see her face. Her head was down, and all I could see, was her nicely-dyed hair. The screen on the platform said the train would be arriving in 2 minutes.

I didn't look again, but I got restless after the 2 minutes shown on the display turned to 1. I started looking around, and this time, she had her head up. I was right, she was someone I knew back in school. It was a girl from 4/5. She probably didn't notice me.

I wondered to myself. So, this is what people do in the holidays huh. It made me realise one thing: more than anything, I really wished I had someone. Someone to spend the holidays with. Just for the sake of the spirit of free time. I'll probably never have such a long holiday ever in my entire life again. Even if I do have a long holiday again, I would probably not be in the age to enjoy it. This is the age to really enjoy. These are really the best days of our lives. The best. After we're all a little older, no more.

No more.

It was after we boarded the train she noticed me. I tried pretending that I didn't notice, but it didn't work, even for myself. It could have been a nice "OMGHAI" moment, but wait. She's spending the holidays with someone already. Everyone else, is made retarded in this context. It's always like this. So many people in school have lost touch because of this very reason. It's sad.

We got off clementi, and walked to the campus. The multi-purpose hall had different stations set up. One for submitting the student's particulars, one for paying the fees, another for taking the ez-link card photo, and lastly, purchasing the uniform.

We didn't pay the fees by cash as of our intention. The lady at the counter told us we could just use our edusave accounts. What did the letter state again?

I was horrified when I learnt that I had to take the photo for my ez-link card on-the-spot. I haven't cut my hair for ages, and I look horrible. My ez-link card photo is going to be really gay. At least my IC one isn't that bad. Come to think of it, why do they issue these cards anyway. Poly and ITE students don't get conesssion rates for travel, then why the cards?

The uniform bit has got to be the most interesting part. There were colors to chose from, and even different types of shirts for the uniform, you take your pick. I took one of each. You could chose maroon or white for the polo-tees and regular tees. The shirts had blue and grey. I was surprised at the freedom they gave with the uniform.

This has got to be the first time i've seen girls not dreading wearing uniform. Actually, I think they like it. Sure enough, the girl's uniform is really actually nice. Some girls squeled at the pictures at the uniforms (in a exited way), and a girl who tried on the uniform looked at herself in the reflection of the glass doors, and literally, jumped.

Hands-down, the uniform here is better than any JC's. I'm serious. Why haven't JC's adopted this yet anyway? We really are at the age of us wanting to wear what we actually want.

Then, we walked back to take the MRT. We took it to jurong east, and walked to IMM. Yeah, we walked alot. I wanted to go to IMM, because I wanted to use the best denki voucher which I won from IT club's 3d animation winning the gold award at SDMA (I got some cash also, but it's a puny amount. Whatever). My mum wanted a radio, and we nearly bought one, but then I walked around and got interested in table lamps. (the lighting here at my house sucks cock.) Then, my mum suggested that I got something I wanted for myself. We then headed over to the MP3 players section.

I got a creative zen! Ah, my first portable music player. My first thought was that it would come in handy on the long journey to school.

I wanna thank god for giving me this. No, srssly.

It's cheap, and it's pro. The earpiece that came with it still didn't beat my seperately purchased sony earpiece, so ima stick in the sony one for now. Come to think of it, most of the creative's zen players i've seen are all of affordable prices. I took this one, because the other prettier zen was out of stock, and was 2GB. This one's 4. The zen X-Fi, well, I don't like it. And, it's expensive. C'mon, it's X-Fi!

We needed a new iron, so my mum got one also. Thank god for that, because my dad bought a cheapo iron, which really, doesn't do it's job well. I spend wayy more time than usual just trying to iron my clothes. Annoying, and it's all because my dad bought a cheapo iron. lol@my dad's cheapness. Really, my dad is cheap.

We ate at long john slivers, because my mum doesn't like mcdonalds. Ah, I love enjoying what I eat. It makes me happy. I know, i know. I sound weird. I wanted to go cut my hair after going to IMM, but my mum really wanted me to follow her home. She didn't tell me that explicitly, but I could tell she didn't want to go home alone.

I showed the Zen to my sister the first thing she came back home. She went "WALAOOOOO!?". eheheheheheheheheh.

I'm going over to Chen Sing's place tommorrow. It's nice to have someone to talk to, no matter what the subject of the conversation is. Heard his MacBook Pro was fucked up around the edges, don't know howz it going.

Had a hearty chat with sankarsh after I reached home. It's nice when we get things to talk about, besides the usual SHIT. Signs of me moving on? finally, yes. Our chats somehow always date back in time, back when school was all pressure. It's nice to look back, but then again...the premise is wearing thin already.

kthxbai

P.S: the girls look kinda nice in uniform. Sorry, couldn't help but to say it.
P.P.S: Chelsea u rock
P.P.P.S Geok shan, you rock also.

______________________________________


Tagbox