ND
Friday, August 7, 2009

I like how I have so much in my mind to blog, but as soon as I sit in front of my screen, ready to type, my mind simply goes blank.

hahaha.

Well, today was National Day "celebrations" at school. I'd never have thought i'd miss the activity line of stuff to do/shown to us on National Day back in Secondary School, especially the Muster Parade. But I do, especially the Muster Parade.

Time to grow up, I guess. Soon, when we are all working, National day will be just like any other ol' day at work. Some of my friends in poly said they didn't have any celebration at all.



we're supposed to report to school at 8.00AM. I struggle to reach school at 9.00AM even, and hay, I ended up reaching school at 9.00 AM. The day before, Mr. Chow laid out what was lined up for us during this National Day [ahem] celebration. There was this class decorating competition, and we were encouraged to come to school dressed in red and white. There was also this bazaar that was going to be lined up for us, by second year student doing their Event Management module I believe.

So as Mr. Chow was telling us these during our BSE lessons in SR5, Amira was still feeling rather stressed over the feud our class has been having. Naturally, she didn't turn up the following day.

I was feeling slightly better, so I started spewing up ideas on decorating the classroom. Other people had other ideas, including Mr. Chow himself. Speculation from this point on would start to float around, about if or not certain people are going to turn up in red or not, including a hilarious one where people said Divina might come to school in a red saree! As for me, I doubted that I would come to school in red or not. It's been since I bought new clothes for myself, and most of the clothes, i've grown out of them. I tried on some of the red shirts I had, but most of them didn't fit comfortably. I wanted to wear the white school polo tee to school, but my mum put that into the laundry, so I wore the new blue shirt which I bought this week. That's right, I wore blue on National Day celebrations day.

On the way to school, I met Razmeer on the train. From the station, we took the bus to school. We had a nice chat. Razmeer can be rather subtle at times.

When we entered the class at 9.00AM, it was all already decorated. Didn't exactly know what to do, but basically, we all enjoyed the spirit of the celebrations. Or at least we tried to. Mr. Chow bought a nice cake, and it was just as nice as it looked. I took 2 pieces!

The RED balloons that Shafiqa brought to class to help decorate the classroom were really nice. Especially the heart shaped ones.

The Bazaar was okay. The Co-op shop's biryani was largely popular, but I noticed it was pretty little for $3.50, so I didn't buy. Besides, they ran out of it anyway. All sorts of other stuff, but too soon, we had to go back to class. The only thing I got was Fruit Punch at 50 cents, because I really needed a thirst quencher. The biryani's smell kept calling be back, but I didn't get that in the end either.

I personally think things only got interesting back in class. Naturally, most of the rest of the class were pretty quick to leave the class, but our clique stayed behind. The highlight of the day, to me, was when AFTER everyone left, and when Mr. Chow would do a small sing-along with us. I was so surprised, he sings and plays really well!

if you've seen him, you'll admit he's a pretty darn cool guy for a class CA.


^ got that off Jojo's blog. I hope she doesn't mind!

None of the malay guys in our class who picked the guitar up did much, but damn, Mr. Chow was good. I would have never guessed how musically inclined he was, given his corporate background and stature. Superman, More Than Words, Sweet Child O' Mine, and even Umbrella. Mr. Chow is cool!

It was fun while it lasted, and we went to Long John Silver's to have some lunch. Well, I had Subway, and so did Ancherle. I'm pretty messy when it comes to eating them Subway sandwhiches. I'd bite it, and the fillings and crumbs will be all over the place. Also, I suck at folding (shafiqa would know this lolol), so I don't exactly unfold my sandwich's wrapping neatly. Yeah, i'm a messy guy. But so as long as i'm enjoying my Subway sandwich, I think i'm happy, and couldn't really care less. I guess practice will make perfect, but till then, i'm guessing i'm messy, lol.

At least this was way better than the first time I had a go at subway. That was wooooooooo-

We went to Jurong East Library to touch on the COB project after that. It was mostly laying/ drawing out the outside parameters for the project we are doing, and i'm supposed to dive into certain areas I was assigned to look into, but lazy me is being lazy again. Well, at least i've done my POA revision homework (although I'm needing help. HALP ME)

Went home after that. Sure, it wasn't like the national day celebrations in secondary school, but I don't think i'd like to have today any other way.

A quick bye here, i'm off to catch the Parade live on TV. Man, i'm so bored at home.

______________________________________


Tagbox